The Simple Wording
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This helps us see what the most popular items on the site are, where our visitors are located and other site optimisation related functions.
Essential Services We Share Data With
- Google Analytics – Site visitor measurement
- Cloudflare – Site speed and security optimisation
- OneSignal – To allow us to offer push notifications when new articles are published
- SendGrid – Email delivery
- Mailchimp – Mailing lists
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Rights Over Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you do not have an account, we do not actively hold any data – with the exception of IP address or potentially other device or browser version information.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. IP addresses and other device-related information may also be transferred for the purposes of keeping track of affiliate referrals. Visitors to the site will be served a version of the site via Cloudflare’s automatic routing network.
Personal data is never shared – with the exception of IP address, if the visitor leaves the site via an affiliate link, for the purpose of accurate sales tracking.
WHAT DATA BREACH PROCEDURES WE HAVE IN PLACE:
In the unlikely event of a data breach, any affected users will be informed immediately upon discovery and rectification of the breach.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- To correctly identify any affiliate revenue generated by site visitors
- To see how many people visit the site, and which pages are the most popular, least popular, etc.
- To offer users the option to subscribe to push notifications
- If users leave a comment, a cookie will be set
- To ensure speedy delivery of the site via caching
- To set user display preferences
- To allow users to enter competitions and track number of entries per user
- To enable users to interact with quiz and product adviser features built into the site
Please also note that your IP address is logged if you enter a giveaway competition for the purposes of ensuring only legitimate entries. Your IP address may also be stored, along with your email if you choose to enter it, if you interact with any quiz or product adviser elements on the site.
Some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and the videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work. You can also adjust them within the site settings for many websites.
If you have any questions or requests, please email [email protected]
The Legal Wording
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to BBT Media Limited trading as SEXTECHGUIDE via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|BBT Media Limited, or us||BBT Media Limited trading here as SEXTECHGUIDE, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10288724 whose registered office is at 37 Heneage Street, London, E1 5LJ;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by BBT Media Limited trading as SEXTECHGUIDE and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to BBT Media Limited trading as SEXTECHGUIDE and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, sextechguide.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you (for activities such as creating an account, posting comments, advertising, etc.):
- Date of Birth;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests (any ‘interest’ data may be automatically collected through analytics integrations or voluntarily entered by a User);
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
OUR USE OF DATA
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR compliance, BBT Media Limited is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any personal Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR Regulations introduced in May 2018. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website or other services the Website offers;
- To verify your age or other contact details;
Permission to store or use User data is revocable.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- BBT Media Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
CONTROLLING USE OF YOUR DATA
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by BBT Media Limited (where such Data is held) free of charge.
- Data security is of great importance to BBT Media Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling BBT Media Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Type of Cookie – Purpose: Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. Cookie information may also be shared with third parties for this purpose or that of affiliate-tracking related activity.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser. More information about cookies can be found here: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Last Updated: May 21, 2019.